Sunday, November 24, 2013

HALL OF SHAME INDUCTEE: LANDWORKS - SPRINKLER REPAIR - KANSAS CITY, MO

I should have known there would be a problem when woman on the phone refused to provide a "free estimate" when I called at the end of July, 2013, stating we only do that for "big jobs" even though they advertise free estimates.  She was a bit snotty as well.



Having had no luck finding a dependable, competent, reasonably priced lawn sprinkler company in 5 years (I have gone through 5 or 6 and my system is still having problems), I decided to give them a try.

The worker arrived on-time and spent EXACTLY 2 hours digging up and repairing a leak in one of the lines as well as replacing a head and valve.  He said he was going to inspect and adjust all of the heads, but here it is less than six weeks later and I have more problems than before he arrived.  

I was charged for 3 hours when the bill arrived, so I called to complain and the woman quickly agreed to subtract the EXTRA hour from my bill, indicating to me that they likely inflate bills routinely.  I was also charged $36+ for the head and valve, parts costing $10 at Home Depot and a HUGE MARKUP ... CAN YOU SAY RIP-OFF?  The most absurd charge was for the PVC pipe, $36.81 for something that probably cost them less than $3.00 ... A 1000% MARKUP!  Then they have the gaul to add a $3.00 GAS SURCHARGE even though I was within their service area.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AND IF YOU DO USE THEM, ANNOTATE EXACTLY WHEN THE TECHNICIAN ARRIVES AND DEPARTS SO YOU CAN CHALLENGE THE BILL WHEN IT ARRIVES.  $65 AN HOUR FOR A TECHNICIAN WHO IS LUCKY TO BE PAID $15 AN HOUR (400% MARK-UP) AND 1000% MARKUP ON MATERIALS?  I'M OBVIOUSLY IN THE WRONG BUSINESS!

Key Words: Landworks, sprinkler, repair, Kansas City,installation, estimate, rip-off, problem, bill, pvc, pipe, head, Institutional, terrorism, InstitutionalTerrorism, CombatActivist, combat, activist

No comments:

Post a Comment